This is the second and last blog post for the year and we will be having a quick look at CSC certification & some ways to keep container homes nice
& cool! Thankyou everyone for a great year and we at Container Options wishes you a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Stay safe over the
holidays and we look forward to seeing you soon! Our depot closes from the 21/12/18 @ 1pm til the 02/01/19 @ 6:30am.
5 ways to keep your shipping container cool this Christmas season!
Regular shipping containers become incredibly hot when exposed to direct sunlight for extended periods of time and when creating a container home this will quickly become apparent but fortunately for you there are some tips and tricks that you could incorporate into your container home that will help to keep you cool in summer and then warm in winter! We’ve included some great example photos that we have found online.
- Incorporate plenty of opening windows or doors into your design in order to capture as much of that cool air as you can as this is one of the most cost-efficient ways maintain a comfortable temperature.
- Use your garden to your advantage! Trees are another great way to keep your house cool as they provide shade onto the roof and sides of your container home.
- Air ducts! Place air ducts close to the ceiling of your container to allow the rising hot air to escape and then have more air ducts low down by the floor on the shaded/cooler side of your container to enable cool air to come inside.
- Insulation is a must inside any container home for several different reasons. Without some level of insulation, that metal box that you are living in will be deafening & not to mention, either boiling or freezing cold during summer or winter respectively! It will also prolong the life of a container especially when utilised on the outside.
- Air conditioning units are incredibly common in container homes these days and as a result they are readily available enabling you to weather either hot or cold climate in your fancy new container home!
What is CSC certification and how can you acquire CSC certification?
CSC stands for Convention for Safe Containers, a set of important international safety standards upheld throughout the global supply chain to ensure that containers incorporate design requirements, functionality requirements and measurements of capacity, weight, & resistance to forces that containers regularly experience when at sea, on rail or truck in order to keep workers & cargo as safe as possible. Valid CSC plates are an ongoing assurance of a container’s quality & safety compliance. They also display the container’s:
- Prefix & number
- Max gross weight
- Allowable stacking weight
- Racking test load
- Where its CSC was approved & when it was manufactured
The general guidelines for CSC certification are as follows:
- The roof & walls of the container should be in weatherproof condition
- Doors open and close with ease
- The floor is structurally sound and intact
- No moisture inside the container
- Attached CSC plate
- No objects inside the container
So how do you acquire CSC certification for your container? Here at Container Options we can provide the CSC certification for any valid container. We will survey the container, spot any faults, correct them & then issue the CSC. Easy as that. But first you’ll have to have a container & we can help you with that!
For more information or inquiries, give us a call on 02 9723 6004 or visit our website at www.containeroptions.com.au!